Budget friendly, kid friendly, easy weeknight favorite – the Tortilla Pizza!
- They’re cheap
- They’re easy
- They’re fun
Do you need more reasons?
- The tortillas are crispy
- Technically, the tomato sauce is a vegetable (fruit?)
- Zero prep work
What is a tortilla pizza?
It is a pizza, with a tortilla as the crust. You make it in a skillet or on a griddle. It’s super easy. You don’t even have to grease the pan.
Here is what you need:
- Skillet or griddle
- Can of tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese, and any additional toppings
- Spatula, or very calloused fingers, or very slick chef moves, to get pizza from pan to plate
- Pizza cutter, if you want to slice that pizza
Here is how you do it:
- Warm skillet to medium-ish heat.
- Put tortilla in pan, plain
- Open a can of tomato sauce, and spoon some onto the tortilla. I find one or two spoonfuls per tortilla works just fine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Add any other toppings (we like salami) and cover with another sprinkling of cheese
- If in a skillet – cover with lid to speed up the cheese melting process; otherwise, just watch until the cheese is melty enough
- With entrée as easy as this one, I prefer to keep things simple and serve with sliced apples or a bag of frozen vegetables (cooked and buttered, of course)
See short recipe here (under Lunch and Dinner).
Be easy on yourselves, and enjoy your food. You deserve it.
Be easy on yourselves, and enjoy your food.Tweet